Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storm water and sewer

Lawrence Zarb wrote:
Is it allowable to drain the rainwater from my conservatory into the
main sewer, as this is more conveniently located than the storm drains

Almost certainly not in about 95% of areas.

It used to be done a lot, but its being phased out..rainwater is good
water. Shut infested sewage is not. Since we have very stringent
requirements in how we treat sewage in every sense of the word, mixing a
load of runoff water with it is deprecated.

rainwater needs to got to a soakaway, or to a proper storm drain system.