Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Wall Wart Tidy

On 2007-01-18 10:04:02 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2007-01-18 02:01:53 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Hi All

Our kitchen side is getting overrun with chargers; 3 x mobiles, all
different chargers, 2 x Bluetooth thingy's etc.

Is there a standard off the shelf wall wart tidy?

If not I'll have to make something.

Do you mean something to put them in or on during use or between uses?

While they are being charged really.

I see - not that I've seen. I can't think of an elegant in the sense
of visually attractive solution particularly either.

For the workshop, to cope with my proliferation of chargers and wall
warts for various types of power tool I made a recharging station which
fits on the wall. Basically this is a panel with two shelves and
fitted bays for each charger and then a UK power strip for UK wall
warts. There is then an autotransformer and a U.S. power strip for
U.S. ones.

While this provides a neat solution in the sense of avoiding trailing
wires, it is not something that would be described as an item of
beauty. I would be reluctant to make anything that closes in the
wall warts - certainly not the ones with conventional transformer - for
reasons of risk of overheating.

Maybe altering the location for charging away from the kitchen would be
a solution, or a power strip in a larger kitchen cupboard?