Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Aidan is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Jan 18, 10:09 am, "Aidan" wrote:

One personal experience; I got a PCN for parking in a Residents' bay
whilst looking at a job. I wasn't parked in a residents' bay; I was
parked on an adjacent yellow line, but there were no notices as to the
relevant restrictions.

One other thing was that it was a street off a main road, wide enough
so that you could have parked cars on both sides without causing an
obstruction.

About 25 to 40% of the available 'parking' was taken up with the
residents parking bays, the rest had a single yellow line. No meters
visible, no legal parking (I had driven round the block looking). Why
would they have done that?

Why they do that is that they get far more revenue from penalties than
from meters, they don't have to buy meters and they don't have to pay
someone to collect and count the change. Is this moral conduct?

I didn't do the job because of the parking diffivulties.