Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-01-17 10:07:45 +0000, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"

They are part of the department involved in this. If a reasonable
number of people pay their fines in a way that is inconvenient for
the collectors, it may, in time, result in their thinking that there
is more sensible and gainful employment (which there is).

Parking wardens have been getting intimidated on the street for many a
decade, and it doesnt seem to have made any difference so far.

Posibly because we don't intimidate them enough :-)

ha.

The people in the parking office are part of the system. They know full
well it's an unjust fund raising project, but they carry on working for the
kings shilling.

and will carry on, regardless of 1% of fine payers' antics. Its not as
if its a dream job, people solely do it because they need the money.

The truth is the only one in the equation that even cares is the one
being ticketed, and there isnt squat you or we can do about it. Some
battles are lost before theyre begun, and thats just the truth of it.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't fight injustice.

My dear man, I'm not saying one should not fight injustice, I'm saying
you aren't fighting injustice. What you propose will have no effect at
all. This may seem a bitter pill to swallow, but if you stand back a
moment and look at the whole picture you may see a different
opportunity, one that will be effective.

NT