Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Aidan is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Jan 17, 9:01 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
That's not evidence that "Many wardens are liars"

Nor that "the wardens who are the most devious andpersistent work dodgers
get promoted to supervisory positions."

People say silly things which could be libellous.

Mary- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

It's not silly at all. It is simply one facet of the state that the
nation has been allowed to degenerate into, by allowing the pursuit of
financial 'results' unhindered by any moral considerations. If you want
evidence of this, peruse the pepipoo (sp ?) site mentioned above. I
think you must have been missing out on something. Do you live in the
UK?

One personal experience; I got a PCN for parking in a Residents' bay
whilst looking at a job. I wasn't parked in a residents' bay; I was
parked on an adjacent yellow line, but there were no notices as to the
relevant restrictions. It seems the warden had lied; they are on
commission and do that a lot. It happens all the time.

However, not knowing the rules or appeal procedures and not having the
time to waste in researching it, I paid the £40. Now, the PCN said
that if you want a receipt, enclose a stamped addressed envelope. So, I
enclosed a SAE. After X days, I haven't heard anything, so fearing I
might get an £80 penalty, I send another SAE by registered post.
Eventually I got some routine machine generated response, but in a
pre-paid (by council) envelope.

So what do you imagine happens to all the 1st class stamps sent in by
motorists wanting a receipt? Does the council employ a stamp steamer?
Are they binned?

What happens is that someone steals them. Someone in a supervisory
position indulging in a lucrative bit of petty theft. It happens all
the time.