Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default The hot tap is on the left

zaax wrote:

It's not in the regs., and as far I can see it's worldwide

It's certainly true that mixer taps seem to be supplied with hot on the
left, and it may be *convention* to install separate hot and cold taps in
the same way. However, convention isn't always followed!

I have several locations in my house where hot and cold are the other way
round - simply due to the convenience of pipe runs. As long as they're
clearly marked - with words or red and blue inserts - it doesn't really
matter.
--
Cheers,
Roger