Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Any landlords out there?

Isn't that what being a landlord is about? Why make it so nice and
spend too much money? Tenants should only be renting temporarily
anyway and try to buy a home.

Kyle wrote:
On Jan 17, 8:45 am, "Steve Barker" wrote:
I don't really know what I did to **** you off. By the end, I meant our
life. And who said anything about not paying taxes or repairing property??
And what did I lie about?

Don't take it personally, Steve; it's that there are so many people out
there looking to make a quick buck by purchasing real estate, making
the bare minimum of repairs, and rent 'em out for top dollar. And some
of 'em come in here looking for free advice on complicated issues
rather than spending a few coins to hire a professional to take care of
the problem properly.

I get some of the same looks simply for owning an investment home which
my wife and I have fixed up and rent out. Of course, the critics would
be/are silent as soon as they see the before and after photos of what
we did to the house. (http://www.chillweb.net/KathyAndKyle/KirkwallCt/)
Heck, we would have moved into the house and rented out our current
home (to get off a noisy main street) were it not for the fact the
investment home doesn't have a fireplace, that's the kind of work we do.