Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Any landlords out there?

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
I'm looking for suggestions for landlord software. Or do you just keep
records in a simple spreadsheet? We'll have probably 15 to 20 single
family houses by the end.

thanks!

--
Steve Barker

I don't use "can" retail programs because its set up one way and I couldn't
change it to do things my way. At first I use a compiler to write my own
simple routines then switched to a database software but I found the
spreadsheet is easier and more flexible. The rental info in my spreadsheets
is linked to my tax return program which is also in spreadsheet format.

Why so many houses Steve? If you don't use property management those rentals
will drive you nuts not to mention Schedule E, deprecation and the ever
changing tenant/landlord laws. Have you looked into REITs or TICs?