Keith Marshall

Default Required Tools to stock my shop?

These will be fabricated using 1.050 x 0.1 and larger round tubing
and .75 x .75 x .065 and larger square tubing for the base...are
there die for the square tube as well?

Yes there are dies available for square tubing for some benders but not all
and you will definitely want a tubing bender instead of a pipe bender.
They're more expensive but you don't really have much choice because the
pipe benders will make a mess of tubing. The biggest reason is that the
dies are the wrong size. One inch pipe is measured by the ID so it's ~1" ID
but the OD is more like 1.25", depending on which "schedule" it is. Tubing
is sized by the OD so the OD of 1" tubing really is 1".

Another reason the pipe benders make a mess of tubing is that the wall of
tubing is usually quite a bit thinner so it's much more likely to kink, etc.

I strongly suggest you research the matter quite a bit before making a
purchase. I could save you quite a bit of trouble and money in the long
run. A good place to start is Ernie's links page:

http://www.stagesmith.com/Metal-link...nders__Formers

The rest of his page is also a great resource for about anything
metal-related you can think of. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"FrOg" wrote in message
These will be fabricated using 1.050 x 0.1 and larger round tubing
and .75 x .75 x .065 and larger square tubing for the base...are
there die for the square tube as well?

for those who don't know what a sandrail/dunebuggy is,
this link is just on example of what they a

http://www.extremebuggies.com/onshow....asp?series=51

TIA,
FrOg