Posted to rec.woodworking
nautilus nautilus is offline

Default Router plane vs Plough plane

Hi all!

I have a doubt about this kind of planes... tried to search on the
groups, but didn't find much (sorry If I'm asking the same again).

What would be the practical difference between a plough plane, and a
router plane? I have a Stanley light combination plane (the one with 17
cutters), that I use very often to do dados, slots, etc. So far it
satisfied all my needs.. but that makes me wonder what would be the
purpose of a router plane. It seems to me that a plough plane would be
more versatile, but as I never had a router plane, I can't tell.. Is
there any situation in which a router plane would be better?

Thank you!
Nautilus