Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

Dave Liquorice wrote:

There is a very easy way not to get caught by a speed camera, don't break
the speed limit. There are signs and the type, location and lighting
should tell you what the speed limit is without signs. If the limit
differs from what it should be for the type, location and lighting then
there must be small repeator boards telling you the speed limit.

I drive from Preston, Lancs. to Porsmouth Hants on a regular basis, to
see our daughter and g daughters.
If you remember, about 2 or so years ago, there were road works in the
Birmingham area, restricting the speed to 50 MPH. over the elevated
section of the M6.

It was several trips down the road before I realised that any driver
accused of speeding South bound had a very good case to have the
conviction thrown out by the court. Though the motorway had repeater
signs for 50 MPH at the correct spacing and a sign to say the the
restriction had ended, there was no starter sign, the one that has to be
bigger that the repeater signs.

I often wondered how many tickets were issued that were faulty.

Dave