Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:12:06 -0800, Aidan wrote:

On Jan 17, 3:35 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Aidan" wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

Many wardens are liars Evidence?

and the wardens who are the most devious andpersistent work dodgers
get promoted to supervisory positions.

Evidence?

Mary

Circumspice.

Haven't you, or anyone you know, ever received a ticket where the
warden has misrepresented the time, location, etc.?

It's always worth having a close scrutiny of the PCN as the slightest
error is a valid (legal) defence.

Some colours are not official colours as understood by the DVLC I think
at least one of yellow, orange or brown does not officially exist. If the
PCN mentions the colour of the van and it's not the same as the V5, then
bingo, you win.

The wardens are getting very very sharp and thorough they take the view
"if
in doubt issue a ticket". I got one where my scratching had gone
slightly
over the wrong day but I was able to escape the penalty on the grounds of
the visitors' permit being reasonably correct.

The most annoying one I got was where I has purchased a parking meter
voucher, the notice on the opposite side of the road said "Parking meter
bay". There was a parking meter on my side of the road ,very nearby, for
the bays it was by, the but the bay I was in was a "residents' permit
only".
Which meant on that job I was working for LB Camden.

That's not evidence that "Many wardens are liars"

Nor that "the wardens who are the most devious andpersistent work dodgers
get promoted to supervisory positions."

People say silly things which could be libellous.

Mary