Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On 2007-01-17 16:24:46 +0000, Owain said:

Andy Hall wrote:
If there had been a bank/building society nearby, you could have
said that you were depositing a 'substantial sum' and needed to park nearby.
It works in Perth, anyhow... ;-)

People have substantial sums in Perth?

Of course. It's the exchange rate. £100 Scots is only worth £8.33 in English.

Now, if you tried telling an Aberdonian traffic warden that you'd been
*withdrawing* a 'substantial sum', you wouldn't have been believed.

Owain

Same goes for an Aberdonian accountant, I'm given to understand. In
comparison with a duck's arse on water, I am told that these can
achieve several atmospheres.