Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On 2007-01-17 10:07:45 +0000, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
said:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi All

Recently had a PCN issued by the local fascist parking dept, in the
course of my handyman endeavours.

Three 5 page letters & a formal complaint to the CEO later, they
haven't caved in and are insisting on the £30.

I've checked on the Royal Mint site and I can pay them £5 in 5p
coins, £5 in 10p's, £10 in 20p's and £10 in 50p's - which they can't
refuse to accept.
Small minded, petty, mean & shallow it may be - but I'm going to do it
anyway.

I'm wondering though, does it have to be bagged like the bank or can I
jumble the whole lot up & make them count it?

The person you're going to make count it all - was it their fault you
got a ticket?

Si

They are part of the department involved in this. If a reasonable
number of people pay their fines in a way that is inconvenient for the
collectors, it may, in time, result in their thinking that there is
more sensible and gainful employment (which there is).