Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Portable DVD Player

badgolferman, 1/17/2007,11:24:20 AM, wrote:

Mary, 1/17/2007,11:13:04 AM, wrote:

If this is the wrong group, please suggest an appropriate one.

I got a portable DVD player as a gift and the instructions are
terrible. It comes with three cables. One is red, yellow, and
white. The second one is red, green, and blue. The third is for
S-video and has pins.

The TV is not brand new or high tech, but it does contain jacks for
all three of those cables.

Which cable do I use to play back typical DVD movies? Thanks, Mary

If your TV has S-Video inputs use that one.

Rethinking the colors you mentioned, the red-green-blue might be
better. Try them all and see which you prefer. The other jacks will
probably work for other devices you may want to hook up to the TV.