Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default Any landlords out there?

On Jan 16, 8:59 pm, "Steve Barker" wrote:
I'm looking for suggestions for landlord software. Or do you just keep
records in a simple spreadsheet? We'll have probably 15 to 20 single family
houses by the end.

I would strongly advise against any so-called "simple" route like
trying to keep it all in Excel or a paper accounting ledger. One
property, maybe, but if you're talking about acquiring a number of
properties in short order, you'll want a comprehensive package that
includes both forms (legal, contractual, tracking forms and the like)
as well as some sort of financial aspect that will enable you to
monitor expenses, income, manage escrow for purchases of new properties
and security deposits, stuff like that.

Apparently Quicken has something they've offered (I saw a Google ad)
that might be of interest.

And using a search engine will be helpful, but don't use "landlord" or
"landlording" as a search term, but use words like "property
management" or "investment properties" and the like.

Let us know what you find and what you choose, as well - there are a
few of us in this newsgroup who don't want to be slumlords but want to
do a good job, and would appreciate knowing how you do.