Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Any landlords out there?

Thanks for the reasonable reply. My wife and I live near a town chock full
of 80-100 year old house in need of much TLC. Our plan is to add one rental
to our collection per year, and try to flip 2 or 3 per year for cash flow.
We have no intention of being "slum lords" and have every intention of
improving these homes and the area they sit in. In fact, I've already
purchased electrical components to upgrade one we haven't closed on yet.
G. I'll check out your website, it looks like we have similar interests
and intents.

--
Steve Barker

"Kyle" wrote in message
s.com...

Don't take it personally, Steve; it's that there are so many people out
there looking to make a quick buck by purchasing real estate, making
the bare minimum of repairs, and rent 'em out for top dollar. And some
of 'em come in here looking for free advice on complicated issues
rather than spending a few coins to hire a professional to take care of
the problem properly.

I get some of the same looks simply for owning an investment home which
my wife and I have fixed up and rent out. Of course, the critics would
be/are silent as soon as they see the before and after photos of what
we did to the house. (http://www.chillweb.net/KathyAndKyle/KirkwallCt/)
Heck, we would have moved into the house and rented out our current
home (to get off a noisy main street) were it not for the fact the
investment home doesn't have a fireplace, that's the kind of work we do.