Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:12:00 GMT The Medway Handyman wrote :
I've checked on the Royal Mint site and I can pay them £5 in 5p coins, £5 in
10p's, £10 in 20p's and £10 in 50p's - which they can't refuse to accept.

Small minded, petty, mean & shallow it may be - but I'm going to do it
anyway.

I'm wondering though, does it have to be bagged like the bank or can I
jumble the whole lot up & make them count it?

You might irritate the staff: if it's like our parking shop, the people who
will be really miffed are those in the queue behind you who just want to
renew their parking permits. I speak from experience ....