Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.recovery.clutter
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee Dr. Anton T. Squeegee is offline

Default Compulsive Hoarding....Do You Know Someone LIke This?

In article .com,
(known to some as Too_Many_Tools) scribed...

I do...many of my fellow friends who have shops overflowing with "good
stuff".

In my own case, I see it as a very slippery slope....one great thing
after another can follow you home until the doors to the shop won't
shut.

Sometimes...no many times...you just have to say "No".

Your thoughts?

It occurs in varying degrees. I've always seen scrounging of
electronic goodies as more of a 'flow-thru' than a one-way path to my
lab. Much stuff, of course, does end up on a one-way path to my
workbench, but it's stuff that I constantly use (tools,
soldering/desoldering gear, test gear, etc.)

The trick is learning what to shed, and when and how to shed it.
Ham radio swap meets and Ebay are good paths.

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)