Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.recovery.clutter
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default Compulsive Hoarding....Do You Know Someone LIke This?

In article ,
Ignoramus16071 wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 02:27:22 -0000, Gary Heston wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus16071 wrote:
[ ... ] Like little T6061 aluminum plates [ ... ]

Are any of your aluminum plates 1/4" thick and big enough to cut 18"
triangles out of?

No, they are little square 5x5 plates, about 1/8" thick.

I do, however, have 3/8" about 8x14 plate and 1/2" 8x13 or so. Also
aluminum.

Any way to weld them together? I don't mind going thicker, I need these
for decking in my antenna tower. I see a new rotator and thrust bearing
in my future.

Also I have big Al heatsinks, with which I can part very cheaply.

Regrettably, I don't need any at the moment.

I need some, and McMaster-Carr wants over $100 for
a piece of plate big enough for two. As I'd like six or eight, their
price is prohibitive. I might be interested in your pulleys, too,
depending on the size and configuration.

IIRC, I have one about 5" pulley with 1 3/8" shaft hole with keyway
and special tightening screws. I have more, but those I may need.

Price? You can email me; the address you see is valid.

In other news, my late neighbor was apparently hoarding staircase
spindles--his survivors gave me about 500 this past weekend, about
430 of them the same size. They're overhead in the garage, now,
awaiting a project.

scary stuff.

I have no idea what they were intended for. I'm checking with some of
my friends who do woodworking and home fixup projects who might be
interested in some of them. Stacking two of the 36" size (the 430 items)
would be a good height for a childrens' play gazebo or something of that
sort. Maybe build up sets of three for table legs, but they'd need to be
cut down a bit.

Othewise, they were headed for the curb and didn't cost me anything.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Astronomers have developed a definition of "planet" which excludes Pluto.
I'm developing a definition of "scientist" which excludes astronomers.