Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.recovery.clutter
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default Compulsive Hoarding....Do You Know Someone LIke This?

In article ,
Ignoramus16071 wrote:
My hoarding problem is this. I have a lot of valuable stuff left over
from my ebay dealings. Like little T6061 aluminum plates and bars for
example. Or super nice strong stainless painted steel handles. Super
high quality. I may use a few "one day". In fact I will use some on my
trailer project. Or a few pulleys. But, despite being valuable, they
are not economical to try to sell them. Too little money, too much
hassle, and quite possibly they would not sell at all. But I cannot
throw them away in good conscience.

Are any of your aluminum plates 1/4" thick and big enough to cut 18"
triangles out of? I need some, and McMaster-Carr wants over $100 for
a piece of plate big enough for two. As I'd like six or eight, their
price is prohibitive. I might be interested in your pulleys, too,
depending on the size and configuration.

In other news, my late neighbor was apparently hoarding staircase
spindles--his survivors gave me about 500 this past weekend, about
430 of them the same size. They're overhead in the garage, now,
awaiting a project.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Astronomers have developed a definition of "planet" which excludes Pluto.
I'm developing a definition of "scientist" which excludes astronomers.