BottleBob

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

Santa Cruz Mike wrote:

Bob.. That is a creative explanation.... but we don't need to do
that.. you can assume the pot is pretty round.. lets say to .001,
LOL.. just for precision's sake.. I know you can figure it out
Bob... Working on very large parts makes it easier to visualize for
some reason too

Bowl, 10 inch outside diameter and 30 inch outside circumference....
and to be consistent.. 5 units deep... 5 inches..

Mike:

Well, let's try this. A lot of bowls have a flared lip or bead at the
top edge. So if the diameter of the bowl was measured at the outside of
the "bead" and the circumference was measured below the "bead" (the
"cubit" string might have kept slipping off the "bead" and the measurer
just got lazy since he didn't have have 3 slaves to hold the "cubit"
string on the bead), then you might very well get a 10 cubits dia. with
a 30 cubits circumference. (remember one side of the bead only needs to
be something a little over a quarter inch larger than the main part of a
10" bowl to come up with those measurements).

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob