Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help on Gas Hob Connection pls...????

In article ,
thankyousam writes:
Will wrote:

SNIP

But, you can still do your own gas work, so you could legally switch
the gas off at the meter and insert a cap, then re-plumb your gas as
needed, connect it back up and test it with leak detection
spray/washing up liquid solution.

SNIP

I bought some of this detection spray, but the instructions on the can
are a bit vague. I assume given contact with gas the liquid/foam will
solidify, otherwise it just runs off as liquid?

It froths up into a visible lump of cuckoo spit.
It's very runny so it gets right in to fittings.
There's no chemical reaction, it doesn't set,
and you can wipe it off (e.g. after tightning
up a compression fitting to see if it's still
leaking). You can use it with any gas pipework,
not just natural gas. I used it alot when installing
my radiator pipework, by pressurising the pipework
using a bicycle pump, so I could fix any leaks
before making the pipework wet.

--
Andrew Gabriel