Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:12:00 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi All

Recently had a PCN issued by the local fascist parking dept, in the course
of my handyman endeavours.

Three 5 page letters & a formal complaint to the CEO later, they haven't
caved in and are insisting on the £30.

I've checked on the Royal Mint site and I can pay them £5 in 5p coins, £5 in
10p's, £10 in 20p's and £10 in 50p's - which they can't refuse to accept.

Small minded, petty, mean & shallow it may be - but I'm going to do it
anyway.

I'm wondering though, does it have to be bagged like the bank or can I
jumble the whole lot up & make them count it?

But then you'll have to wait while they count it...

....of course if you are off work after the mishap the other day.

Frankly parking restrictions however annoying ( and you don't even know
what that means until you try some of the inner London boroughs) are part
of the game. Parking meters fees and or having to unload and park up are
part of the game and the customer has to pay either directly or indirectly.

Only the big national companies can ignore the rules (how do they work
that?) e.g. BT