Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair
'Key 'Key is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

"Steve" wrote in message

"'Key" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message

"'Key" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:14:28 -0800,
wrote:
Where can I find PICTURES or DIAGRAMS of the
procedure
flip a Kwikset
entry lock from the left-hand keyhole position to a
right-handed lock?

This PDF of the type of instructions that come with
my
Kwikset entry lock
does not explain how to reverse an upside down
keyway.
http://tinyurl.com/ymefs4

Oh my, I just realized I have to REMOVE THE LOCK
CYLINDER
in order to
switch the Kwikset lock from a left-hand upside-down
keyhole to a
right-hand right-side up keyway!
http://tinyurl.com/yzhu5d

So much for the "Easy Installation" and "Fits All
Doors"
on the package!

Why doesn't Kwikset just LABEL their package for
left-hand
doors only?

because Kwikset doesn't need to.
your links should be self explanatory.
once the cylinder is removed,
it can be re-installed any way needed..

--
"Key"
========

That's all true but the fact is since they sell their
product, probably most
of it, at retail straight to consumers, who for the
most
part won't know how
to remove the cylinder, they should IMHO include good
directions and the
tool and just add a couple bucks to the cost of the
lockset. They could also
sell it with loose cylinders to be popped in at install
once the handing was
known.

agree, they shue could.
they use to include a tool in the box.
but that was many years ago...

--
"Key"
========

Before my time. I always thought they should put one in
there. Cost to them
would be less than 50 cents (I can never remember the
ASCII code for that
damn cent sign when I want it).

¢ = push #Alt and #155 at the same time...

g'day
--
"Key"
========