Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
'Key 'Key is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

"Steve" wrote in message

"'Key" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon"
wrote in message
You can't pop the cylinder out with a screw driver.
Takes
special tool.

This is total BS again showing how little you know
about
the trades you hack
at. It can be popped with a screwdriver (or two) of the
right dimensions or
a sharp pick or anything that will physically fit for
that
matter.

actually it can be popped out from the rear with a blunt
ended punch :-)

--
"Key"
========

I've found when you knock it out it's the same as pulling
it from the front.
Usually distorts the clips a little which granted is a
small thing and
easily fixed, but it bugs me to even slightly damage
something I'm being
paid to work on, if I don't absolutely have to. Then
again some people
complain I'm a damn perfectionist and it drives them
nuts....

I was only talking doing this as a last resort.
like when one mis-places their removal tool.
it will not do germinate damage.
(unless ya use a sledge hammer)
:-)
--