Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] delphiprog@hotmail.com is offline

Default Customers purchacing their own material (long)

I'm really wondering why any contractor should make money on the
supplies they use to do a job. If you charge a proper hourly amount
(or fixed amount by job - whatever), IMO, you should not need to charge
any markup on supplies.

I am happy to pay a contractor for their work (including time it may
take to obtain/determine necessary supplies). I'm not willing to pay
him/her for someone else's work (the supplies themselves). This is
part of the reason I've started to do most repair/remodel work myself.
Finding an honest and reliable contractor these days is difficult at
best.

Doug

thetiler wrote:
In another thread this issue was brought up.
Is it OK for a customer to buy their own material
(in my case tile), and expect a professional contractor
to install it?
Should the customer purchace materials before consulting
with the contractor/installer? I don't think so.

thetiler