Santa Cruz Mike

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 05:12:48 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Santa Cruz Mike wrote:

Bob, lets keep it simple.. 10 units OD and 30 units OD Circumference..
no tricks.. and PI does not equal 3.0

Mike:

Well, since pottery in ancient times wasn't turned on a lathe I suppose
their bowls were not perfect circles but more elliptical. So measuring
across the short axis could get you your 10 cubits while measuring the
total circumference which includes more material of the long axis might
get you to pi.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Bob.. That is a creative explanation.... but we don't need to do
that.. you can assume the pot is pretty round.. lets say to .001,
LOL.. just for precision's sake.. I know you can figure it out
Bob... Working on very large parts makes it easier to visualize for
some reason too

Bowl, 10 inch outside diameter and 30 inch outside circumference....
and to be consistent.. 5 units deep... 5 inches..

A litlte big for Ruby..

Later,
Mike