Santa Cruz Mike

Default Cliff's Magic Bowl -10 inch OD 30 inch OD Circumference

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:22:05 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:06:52 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
Santa Cruz Mike wrote:

Cliff.. have you figured out how a bowl can have a 10 inch diameter
and a 30 inch circumference yet?

Is it impossible?

1 Kings chapter 7 verse 23 (Authorised Version): "... and he made a molten
sea, ten cubits from one brim to the other : it was round about ... and a
line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."

That's where the nonsense came from.

Ed Huntress

Ed.. the nonsense isn't in this description from a Jewish History.
Book... the nonsense is that some (Cliff for one) have said that this
verse and a chapter in another book with a few more details.. state
the PI equals 3.00 because a round bowl, etc cannot be made with an
outside diameter of 10 units and have an outside circumference of 30
units... Well.. I have a bowl that has an OD of 10 inches and an
outside circumference of 30 inches.... And I was hoping Cliff would
enlighten us as to how this is possible.. or just state that it is not
possible.. I mean he does have a degree in physics, etc..and
shouldn't this be child's play to him?

Thanks for the reference though. and the extra info on the Clinton
quote..

Ed, What do you think about the implications from "peak oil"
production?

Later,
Mike