Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.recovery.clutter
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Compulsive Hoarding....Do You Know Someone LIke This?

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I do...many of my fellow friends who have shops overflowing with "good
stuff".

snip

I received some great training in this regard.

As a matter of company policy, once a year had to go thru the files
and throw away anything over one year old with tax records and
engineering documents excepted.

After completing this task, had to sign off that you actually had done it.

Was told the lawyers were the reason for the policy.

Something to the effect that if it doesn't exist, it can't come back
to haunt you.

Had customers with similar policies.

Sort of sets the mood not to hoard things.

Also, a move every 5 years or so, gets rid of a lot of "stuff".

Lew