Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Help on Gas Hob Connection pls...????

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:47:30 -0600, Kaiser Sose wrote:

Guys,
Redoing my kitchen and want to move the Gas Hob 400mm to the left. The
existing hob is directly connected to a vertical piece of 15mm copper pipe
that is on the "switched" side of a gas cock - i.e. there is no flexible
hose on the existing hob.

I want to install a new type of Gas Hob - a Siemens one. However, I do
not want to have to move the Gas Cock 400 mm to the left because that
would involve me cutting the "mains" side of the gas cock. In other words I
would like to leave the gas cock where it is, saw through some of the
"switched" side of the 15mm vertical pipe, attach a flexible hose to
this and then route it to my new hob.

Is what I am saying sensible or even legal? I am a DIYer not a Corgi man.

This is the hose I am looking at:

How would I get this onto the 15mm pipe with a compression fitting?

Hobs must be hard piped, but nobody I know has one, so go figure! )

Have you ever had anyone turn up with a clipboard demanding to see
your hob connection.