Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

Deadlatching is one of the things most builders in my area don't
understand. Also, most of my customers. I had an interesting
conversation one time with a truck driver I know. He was telling
me he could get into a certain building with two knives. One to
pry back the deadlatch trigger, and a second knife to pry back
the latch. I showed him what deadlatching was. How it worked. One
of the rare moments when he didn't have much to say.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

That must mean that there's a whole lot of crappy installs out

there,
because I can think of at least 3x off the top of my head that

I've had
to do the card trick and was able to pull it off in less than a

minute.
Once at a house I used to live in and at least twice on a

big, heavy
fire-rated door at a place I used to work. In fact, every time

I've
*needed* to get in a door, I've been able to.

The Weiser locks on my current house do appear to be resistant

"carding" as well as the metal weatherstrip would make it that

much more
difficult.

nate

--