Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

If the latch is deadlatching, you can't slip it with a credit
card.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
How am I wrong? I have defeated several "deadlocking

latches" - both
Kwikset and also good quality Weiser and Schlage - with only a

thin
piece of flexible plastic. If you want anything that will

cause someone
motivated to get into your house to have to take more than a

couple
minutes, you need a deadBOLT. As I said, any kid with a

library card
can defeat a deadlocking latch UNLESS you take other measures

to keep
them from doing so, like cutting a slot to catch the card in

the door
jamb. Even so they can sneak the card around the corner above

the latch
and slide it down.

nate