Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default A more advanced "rec.woodworking"

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

B A R R Y wrote:
George wrote:

One man's solution to the "healthcare crisis." Make them look you in
the eye as you pay the bill _yourself_ and see whether we can get
things
under control.

I'm with ya'!

After my sister's accident, the medicals bills (now well over $700,000)
went across the desk of someone who used to specialize in forensic
accounting for a very large construction company.
The hospitals involved either knew this scrutiny was taking place or
they're basically honest. Expensive, but honest. No evidence of 30
dollar boxes of Kleenex.
As usual, basically honest professionals are taking a bad rap for the
as*holes in any business.
Anybody in here who is a builder, or deals with builders, knows that
the bulk of them are pretty straight shooters.
It only takes a couple of bad apples.

Interesting to note the "this is not a bill" statements from Medicare and
other insurances, where the participating provider discounts heavily and
takes the write-off. An unrecognized public cost, surely, that write-off.
I wonder if the MSRP-equivalent cost they state at first is derived between
the ears or buttocks.

Were it not for the auto accidents, our ambulance would be broke. They pay
the full amount on our bills.