Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default A more advanced "rec.woodworking"

Mark Blum wrote:

One benefit that occurs to me is that should anybody else get a hold of
your card, they can't use it without your PIN code. Cards with the
Visa/MC logo can be used without that information, therefore your cash
is less secure.

It would be a benefit if it were true.

Debit cards run as credit cards have all the fraud protections of a
credit card:
http://usa.visa.com/personal/security/visa_security_program/zero_liability.html?it=il|/personal/security/index.html|Zero%0A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%2 0%20%20%20Liability

Of course, if the transaction uses a PIN, none of the above applies.

Personally I use my credit card for virtually every purchase I make, as
it is more convenient to not have to bother with cash. I just pay the
entire balance off each month so as to not have that convenience cost
me extra.

Same here. Not to mention bonus points. G

I've heard that studies show that we spends less when using cash. We
budget with Quicken, so we know exactly where we spend, regardless of
how we spend it.