Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Default Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

blueman wrote:

CJT writes:

Mo Hoaner wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:19:47 GMT, blueman3333
wrote:

Snip

If you want to fix it yourself, pull all the parts off the working
furnace and start putting them on the inoperative furnace one by one
till you get it. Whats the worst that can happen?
Your burn yourself, you asphyxiate yourself or your family, you burn
your house down or you electrocute yourself.
and maybe, just maybe, you might get it right.
Bubba

Get which part right? The burning, asphyxiation, arson,
electrocution, or the part about calling someone who doesn't have to
guess, actually knows where the basement is?

You guys just hate it when a service call is avoided, don't you.

CJT - thanks for the positive and constructive comments.
I really don't get some of the guys on alt.hvac. Not only do they have
nothing productive to add, but they immediately go into "asshole" mode.

- If they don't want to help, why do they waste their time responding?
- Are their egos so low and are they so threatened by an occasional
DIY that they have to go into "attack" mode?
- Do they truly believe that their attitude will win them loyal
customers?
- Are they so down-and-out that anything is better than counting the
minutes until the next unemployment check arrives?

I can't explain it, but I know it's been going on for a long time.
I was shocked the first time I encountered it. They seem to have
lots of time on their hands for slinging insults, so I assume they're
mostly disgruntled ex-techs.