Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Steve Steve is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

"'Key" wrote in message

-lots of stuff from lots of people snipped-

home depot would have probably popped the cylinders out of
the entry locks for you,
if you would have just asked ?

LOL I ran out of a blank a couple months ago and stopped in a Home Depot for
it. It took 20 minutes to find somebody "trained on keys" then another 10 to
find somebody "trained" well enough "on keys" to find it (actually let me
find it) without one to physically compare it to. Then alot of confusion
about how anybody could do anything useful with just a keyblank (no I'm not
kidding). If you are a homeowner and want a basic F lock Home Depot is as
good a place as any to get it but if you want technical
expertise.................

then after you installed the locks on your doors, you could
have just popped them back in the way they needed to be.

g'day
--
"Key"
========

Even if Home depot had somebody who could do it LOL the average retail
customer doesn't know anything about it until they realize something doesn't
look right. If Kwikset didn't suck they would just include instructions and
a tool for people who buy their retail product which, yeah, I know, I
already harped on.