Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default furnace squirrel cage only turns if I use hand

wrote:
My furnace fires up but the blower has stopped coming on (it's a Bryant
330AAV upflow). I can barely spin the squirrel cage with my hand, and
it will not spin on it's own after I pull my hand out. It makes a low
hmmm sound, but just doesn't start turning, then the gas shuts off.
I'm assuming I need a repair person to replace the blower, but I'd
appreciate any comments if there are other things I should consider.
Please give any advice on what else to check. Thanks, Mike

I would check the motor starter (if it has one) and the relay that
turns the motor on.

The gas is turning off cause of a temperature alarm or aair movement
not detected.

If you have a setting for blower only that can help determine the fault
..