jim rozen

Default McMaster-Carr amazed me today...

In article , Ned Simmons
says...

McMaster charges about $3.50 to ship a small package from
their NJ warehouse to Maine, and it comes the next day.
Hardly gang rape, especially considering they have no
minimum. It costs me more to drive to the hardware store.

Agree. While they're not especially cheap, they either
a) have the stuff, or b) tell you the truth about when
they'll have the stuff. I've never felt their shipping
charges are terribly out of line with other suppliers.

I also like to use mcmaster car prices as a good "top
end" comp. for other local suppliers. If they're charging
more than mcmaster does, they're ripping me off bigtime.

Jim

please reply to: