Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
blueman blueman is offline

Default Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

writes:
blueman wrote:

Obviously, depends on the skill of the homeowner DUH. I save thousands
every year by DIY and almost never have to call in a repairman for
anything -- certainly, I have never had to call a repair person in to
fix my own mistakes.

knock yourself out ******.

And I actually enjoy it more than the (relatively) small amount of
money I save.

Please let me know what your business name is so I can be sure NOT to
use you on account of:
1. Your screw-the-consumer attitude
` 2. Your inability to read a clear diagnosis of the problem

I can't think of a legit service comapny who want want YOU as their
customer !!

Really?
Interesting, the demographics of my neighborhood makes them all come
swarming... most of them salivate when they see big expensive houses.

oh wait, I guess there ARE companies who's target market are low-life
scum sucking bottom feeding DIY'ers vermin have to eat too.

Why, do you work for Bubba?

I dare you to tell me the name of the company you own or work for.
I'm sure the owner (assuming it's not you) and/or his customers would
love to see your attitude.

I bet that if you work for a large reputable company (and are not
closely related to the boss), that you don't last a day once you
associate your name with the attitude you express here.

Personally I think the best part is the ****ed up design of the York
piece of **** furnace, running the blower 24/7 non stop when the
system goes into fault mode. A real genius at work there.

Actually, even as a "non-pro" ho (as you say), I think it could make
sense. Keeping the blower running probably helps disperse and dilute small
concentrations of dangerous gasses that could accumulate in a fault
condition...

yeah, thats why the inducer motor is supposed to run non stop. But
just imagine an application where the blower is drawing in 100%
outside air. Now how smart is it? If the ignition controls are in
lockout mode, how long does the blower have to run to dispell
dangerous gases? a couple of years?

btw- I know what the problem is and what you as a homeowner can do to
fix it. it aint the gas valve or the flame sensor. 95% of the problem
is the ****wit trying to fix things himself. The other 5% is a real
problem fixable by even you errr maybe.

Hey, if you are SO certain that I will only mess things up and create
more business for low-lifes like you, then I dare you to tell me what
you "think" the problem is. Then, if I am skilled enough to fix it,
then I win -- if I'm not and just screw it up then you (or your
business comrades) win.

Seems fair to me or are you just trying to scare people away from your
"sacred" turf?

try sharpening your touted electronic skills. moron.

Business must be really bad if you have nothing better to do than to
vent at someone who is just innocently asking for advice. I guess it
must be boring waiting on the unemployment line and collecting food
stamps.

BTW, are you bubba's half-witted twin brother?
Sounds like you two both are swimming at the shallow end of the gene
pool.

It's so pathetic when you see underemployed and underskilled "service"
people so desperately defending their terrain as if they were some
medieval guild. I guess being one step away from a McDonald's cashier
is pretty scarey when the world starts passing you by...