Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Gutter Covers - Think these will work?

Why have gutters at all?

Have always felt they were often a cause of rot.

Our 24 inch overhang keeps rain/melting snow from roof sufficiently
away from house.

House is basic double slope roof, 62 feet long by 37 feet front to
back with a low peak height of 3 feet.

Only had to shovel snow off roof twice during the last 36 years.
Normally it either melts or blows away!

This is definitely a wet/windy and at times snowy location with very
little gradient ground slope away from house.

We also have many trees, including maples and birch that have grown up
around the house since 1970 and which are now well above height of the
roof.

However no problems. And no gutters to worry about!

Just a thought?