Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gutter Covers - Think these will work?

SBH wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
I don't know how well these would work with heavy rains. I have simple
gutters guards I bought at HD about five years ago. One gutter is
underneath a maple tree which dumps lots of seeds and another is underneath
an oak tree. Only had one clog in 5 years. These guards are just a screen
pattern of diagonal shaped holes about 3/8 wide.

I second the basic screen type guards which come in a 20 foot roll. I have
tried a few different types before going to the screen and they are working
the best. BTW, I also have maple trees. One in the front yard and one in the
back. Let me add, they are huge and that produces a lot of seeds and debris.
SO far so good with lack of clutter.

the trouble isa small dirt like debris get thru the screens, and
collects. worse with the screens its a big hassle removing them to get
out that dirt like debris.

maples are beautiful, but dont assume the gutter is clean cause its
screened.

I had a home with this trouble, the new owner removed the trees