Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A more advanced "rec.woodworking"

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:58:46 -0500, Mark Blum
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:16:23 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

And I'm *still* using the same ATM card. With only the bank's logo on it.

Great!

But how does that benefit you?

One benefit that occurs to me is that should anybody else get a hold of
your card, they can't use it without your PIN code. Cards with the
Visa/MC logo can be used without that information, therefore your cash
is less secure.

Personally I use my credit card for virtually every purchase I make, as
it is more convenient to not have to bother with cash. I just pay the
entire balance off each month so as to not have that convenience cost
me extra.

Yep. I treat CC purchases like checks. I write a transfer from the
checking account into a credit card reserve account, then at the end of the
month clear out the reserve account to pay the bill. Works really well
with the various accounting programs; it was more work before those
programs.