Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Linker3000 Linker3000 is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

Iguana wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:24:34 -0000 Gaz wrote :
Too right. Go to Tesco and see what they are charging for a bottle of
white label cola. 15p? Forget the contents: that price is made up of
profit, bottle, filling and labelling, transport and handling. Except
for the profit, these costs are the same for a bottle of the real thing,
89p?, whose contents can only cost pence at most. Which leaves a very
nice additional margin to be shared between Coca-Cola and the retailer.

A few year ago, when working in a can making factory, that the complete can
cost about 1p and the contents cost about 0.01p.

No doubt the people in the factory worked for free, the electric company
waived the bills for the plant, the bottling and processing kit was
donated FOC by the manufacturer, the building was rent free and there
were no charges for gas, water, sewerage etc..!????

I take your point though - it also bugs me that a 500ml bottle is about
90p and 1.5 litres is only about 30p more