Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Gaz Gaz is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

The Legend wrote:
"Gaz" wrote in message
Chris Fishwick wrote:

I find stores like poundland excellent, because you really get the sense
of how much margins some companies and their channels are used to.

It is sometimes hard to accept, because we have being conditioned to
think
of price=value. But the price of goods, is largely not connected to the
cost of production, but how much the consumer is willing to spend.

So, if Dixon's buys a CR 2032 button cell for 10p, how much should they
mark
it up then?

30%? 50%? 100%?

If they mark it up 200% they'll incur a loss every time they make a sale.

tox

But the mark up in this cases would be about 5000%....

Gaz