Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
'Key 'Key is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
How am I wrong? I have defeated several "deadlocking
latches" - both Kwikset and also good quality Weiser and
Schlage - with only a thin piece of flexible plastic. If
you want anything that will cause someone motivated to get
into your house to have to take more than a couple
minutes, you need a deadBOLT. As I said, any kid with a
library card can defeat a deadlocking latch UNLESS you
take other measures to keep them from doing so, like
cutting a slot to catch the card in the door jamb. Even
so they can sneak the card around the corner above the
latch and slide it down.

nate

it really depends on if the dead-latch is installed
correctly.
many incorrectly installed dead-latches doesn't allow the
dead-latch itself to be restricted.
as you probably already know,
it has to be restricted from extending all the way out
before the dead-latch function will even work.

my2¢
--
"Key"
========

Steve wrote:
"Proving he watches a lot of TV and doesn't know what a
deadlocking latch is
Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Of course, if you don't have a deadbolt, there's no point
worrying about
it... any kid with a library card can get in your door.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel