Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

How am I wrong? I have defeated several "deadlocking latches" - both
Kwikset and also good quality Weiser and Schlage - with only a thin
piece of flexible plastic. If you want anything that will cause someone
motivated to get into your house to have to take more than a couple
minutes, you need a deadBOLT. As I said, any kid with a library card
can defeat a deadlocking latch UNLESS you take other measures to keep
them from doing so, like cutting a slot to catch the card in the door
jamb. Even so they can sneak the card around the corner above the latch
and slide it down.

nate

Steve wrote:
"Proving he watches a lot of TV and doesn't know what a deadlocking latch is
Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Of course, if you don't have a deadbolt, there's no point worrying about
it... any kid with a library card can get in your door.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel