Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sparky Sparky is offline

Default Dell Latitude charging problems

I've found several reports on people with bad internal charging circuits for
Dell Latitude PCs (I currently have a Latitude C600).

The symptoms include:
-Battery does not charge
-High pitched noise coming from motherboard when plugged into AC adapter.
(this is not fan noise - most likely FET?)

I cannot seem to find any information on how to fix (mine is out of
warranty). This sounds like a pretty common problem so I was hoping that
someone here had some additional information on how to fix. This is not a
battery problem as both charge fine in other laptops.
Please respond to junkbox1001 (at) yahoo (dot) com