Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] imp2aca@yahoo.com is offline

Default Projects for scraps

trs80 wrote:
I want to glue together, (butcher block like), my scraps into useable small
planks. I thought this would be a good way to whittle down my overflowing
scrap bin and do make something nice at the same time. I could do a few
planks each evening to pass the time. General I keep pieces that are no
smaller then 2" x 6"
- I have a 12" planer, 6" jointer so whatever the glued up piece is I can
make good working edges and surfaces.
- Is there a process or guide on going about this? Are pieces cut to
uniform sizes first (most scraps are glueable as is).
- What are some good projects that can be made from the resulting small
glued up planks?

I made a flower stand with scraps glued together.