Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default OT News server problems

wrote:
On Jan 10, 11:32 am, wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com, "jtpr" wrote:

Funny, I used Agent (the pay one) for years. After going to Google I
can't see how I put up with Agent.

I'm completely the opposite. To each his own.

For one, google doesn't distinguish if a thread has been added to
(w/new replies). If I've accessed a thread, it shows on the list in a
different color (as w/any website) and there seems to be no distinction
if new stuff has been added (such as this thread). Pain in the
keester.

It does something of that sort if you subscribe to the newsgroup.

I don't find it useful enough to bother subscribing to all the
newsgroups
I read, just did it to one or two to see what the difference was.

--

FF